SMALL SIDED GAMES INFO
ABOUT SMALL SIDED GAMES
Small sided games are games played with less than 11 players per side. Small sided games are played on small sided fields which are fields that are smaller than a full size filed. Our U10 & U12 divisions are "small sided". - The reasoning behind small sided games is; Since the fields are smaller and fewer players are used the kids have more of an opportunity to play the ball which helps develop their skills quicker.
- No headers in U12 and under.
An intentional header will result in an indirect kick for the opposing team from the spot of the infraction, unless the infraction occurs in the 6 yard box in which case the ball is placed on the 6 yard box line.
- U10 Play Format: 7v7 (w/ keeper)
- U12 Play Format: 9v9 (w/ keeper)
- Field Setups (size & dimensions) can be found at the bottom of this page.- HOWEVER, clubs are allowed to modify those sizes to fit the space that they have at their disposal.
THE BUILD OUT LINE IS ONLY TO BE USED BY THE U10 DIVISION
BUILD OUT LINE
- The build out line promotes playing the ball out of the back in a less pressured setting.
- When the goalkeeper has the ball, either during play (from the opponent) or from a goal kick, the opposing team must move behind the build out line until the ball is put into play.
- Once the opposing team is behind the build out line, the goalkeeper can pass, throw or roll the ball into play (punting and drop kicks is not allowed).
- After the ball is put into play by the goalkeeper, the opposing team can cross the build out line and play resumes as normal.
- If a goalkeeper punts the ball, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense.
- If the punt occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement occurred.
- The build out line will also be used to denote where offside offenses can be called.
- Players cannot be penalized for an offside offense between the halfway line and the build out line.
- Players can be penalized for an offside offense between the build out line and goal line.
U10 7v7 Field Setup
Watch Build Out Line Video
U12 9v9 Field Setup